Gov. Cuomo claimed publicly “I am disabled”, yet his Deputy Secretary of Health, Paul Francis, shuts door on leading advocate for disabled rights
DELMAR, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES, January 31, 2017 /EINPresswire.com/ — In a CBS New York news story titled, “Cuomo: ‘As A New Yorker, I Am A Muslim’ that came out on January 29, 2017 http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/01/29/cuomo-travel-ban-hotline/
Governor Andrew Cuomo clearly was quoted saying, “I am disabled” yet as a disabled person in New York State living in state or private facilities and group homes he himself in most cases would be denied 911 services if he were a victim of a physical and sexual assault crime, if he was in medical distress or died. Governor Cuomo also would also in most cases be denied his Constitutional right to be protected by all of the same laws as everyone else benefits. Denying anyone equal protection of laws is considered discrimination in civil rights.
For many years Governor Cuomo and his lawyers in the Governors Counsel’s office have ignored the most basic rights for disabled New York State residents to 911 emergency call systems and emergency medical and police first responder services. It is hard to fathom anyone would direct such discriminatory and deadly civil rights violations against the most vulnerable, but Governor Cuomo has done so for years. As New York State’s Attorney General and as Governor, Cuomo has taken dramatic steps also to ensure that the disabled are denied their U.S. and New York State Constitutional right to “equal protection of laws.” Cuomo was clearly being nothing more than a politician seeking national attention when he made this statement, “As a New Yorker I am a Muslim. As a New Yorker, I am Jewish. As a New Yorker, I am black, I am gay, I am disabled, I am a woman seeking to control her health and choices,” Cuomo said Sunday, “because as a New Yorker, we are one community – the New York community comprised of all of the above.”
The disabled are being treated unequally and as far lower class residents of New York State and citizens of the United States, which must be stopped. These individuals are being denied these equal rights;
• U.S. Constitution -14th Amendment right to equal protection of laws
• NYS Constitution- Section 11 of Article 1 of the Bill of Rights- equal protection of laws
• Equal protection of laws and equal access to emergency 911 call systems and first responder medical and police assistance and services when they are victims of physical and sexual assault crimes, significantly injured, in medical distress or died
• Equal protection of laws and equal access to justice due to the fact that most reported crimes against these vulnerable individuals are kept from being reported to local police and purposely kept from being criminally investigated.
• Equal protection of laws and equal access to justice due to the fact that most witnessed and reported criminal cases cannot be prosecuted due to purposeful lack of evidence collection and retention.
• Equal protection of laws and equal access to justice due to the fact that most of these reported and witnessed crimes are never reported to County elected District Attorney’s.
• Equal protection of laws and equal access to justice due to the fact that most reported and witnessed crimes will never be looked at through NYS penal law statutes as for other State residents, but instead four different internal categories are being used that all rise to the level of felony criminal offenses according to NYS penal law. Thousands of clear crimes kept from prosecutions to protect the perpetrators and criminals and deny equal protection of laws for the person with the disability. These actions allow the criminals to remain employed, off the abuse registry and able to re-victimize the same and other innocent extremely vulnerable victims.
• Equal protection of laws and equal access to justice due to the fact that their criminal cases are purposefully kept from, and almost always never, go through the normal criminal justice system and local courts.
• Equal protection of laws because the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs is not a first responder entity. This State entity ensures the Obstruction of Justice.
• Equal protection of laws because the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs is keeping most criminally negligent deaths or possible criminally negligent deaths from County Medical Examiners or Coroners, as well as from County elected District Attorney’s as required by law.
• Equal protection of laws because the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Special Prosecutor is not an elected official, but a State employee who is not independent from the agencies involved, this is a direct conflict of interest.
• Equal protection of laws because the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs Special Prosecutor is operating unconstitutionally bypassing County elected prosecutors which have authority.
• Equal protection of laws because the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs is withholding thousands of criminal cases that were substantiated from being reported to the Office of Medicaid Inspector General as required by law. These illegal practices ensure the protection of dangerous facilities and dangerous staff and administrators involved in the original crimes or the crimes of covering-up the rapes, physical assaults and deaths. These are also matters that constitute a clear criminal conspiracy and Medicaid fraud.
No longer can Governor Cuomo treat the disabled as sub-human beings denying them their basic rights to 911 emergency services, denying them equal protection of laws and denying them justice. Stand with us for “equal rights” and “civil rights” for people with disabilities in New York State and throughout our great country by signing our petition at www.jonathancareyfoundation.org. No longer can 911 be bypassed. 911 call systems must be immediately called by all mandated reporters regarding all physical and sexual abuse, gross negligence of care, significant and suspicious injuries and when a person with a disability is in medical distress or has stopped breathing. http://jonathancareyfoundation.org/donate/
email us here
The incredible life and tragic preventable death of Jonathan Carey, who was disabled, had autism, was non-verbal & only 13 when he was killed by his caregivers
Source: EIN Presswire